Book Your Appointment

There are various categories of work permits that an individual can apply for, based on their circumstances and qualifications. To secure a temporary work permit, the essential eligibility criteria include:

  • Residing in Canada with a valid study or work permit, or with a spouse or parent possessing a valid study or work permit.
  • Having completed studies at a Canadian college or university.
  • In possession of a temporary resident permit valid for at least six months.
  • Pending the processing of a permanent residence application by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

There are various types of work permits available.

  • Graduate Work Permit
  • Upon successful completion of studies at a designated college or institution, an individual may be eligible to receive a work permit for a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years.

  • Closed Work Permit
  • A closed work permit can be obtained through a positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA, previously known as a Labor Market Opinion).

  • Bridging Work Permit
  • An individual may be able to extend their work permit if they have already been approved for a Provincial Nomination or have already submitted a Permanent Residence application.

For comprehensive information on work permits and available options, please reach out to Global Era Immigration for further assistance.